Grant Writer - Unpaid Internship Position
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
WE CAN't WAIT.
Our team's digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
- Research, collect data, and write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Work with department managers to compile financial documentation and data
- Manage the proposal submission process, and Identify all requirements of each grant to ensure all necessary attachments are submitted on time
- Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities and proposals– including deadline dates, required materials, etc.
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
- Develop an annual grants strategy
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate, and solicit new grants
- Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, creative writing, or a related area (Master's degree preferred)
- A minimum of 1 year (preferred) experience in grant writing with excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills needed
- Demonstrate the ability to write successful grant proposals
- Know Local and Federal foundations and corporations
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate
- Demonstrate ability to manage rejection, and overcome common proposal objections
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a team player with purpose, and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in computer skills, email marketing, and all areas of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with sourcing opportunities, cold-calling, contact development, and business relationship management
- Communicate with foundations, donors, and clients if needed
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer