Accountant - Unpaid Internship
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
WE CAN't WAIT.
Our team's digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
This Position Will Entail:
- Assist in the research, analysis, and documentation of domestic and international transactions and planning ideas
- Aid in the support of internal audit initiatives and outsourced accounting services
- Preparing financial statements and documents
- Record and post journal entries
- Balance sheet reconciliation assistance
- Help with accounts receivable, payable, and bank statement reconciliation
- Assist with and identify cost management initiatives
- Assisting in calculating and managing departmental budgets
- Assist in compliance-based tasks at the state and federal levels
- Pursuing or completed a degree with coursework in Accounting (A master’s degree is preferred)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Excel knowledge and skills are required.
- Ability to adhere to time sensitive deadlines
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
- Knowledge of tax rules and regulations
- Exposure to the QuickBooks software is preferred or other bookkeeping software
- Knowledge of internal auditing standards
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Possesses the ability to work well in a small team and independently
- Genuine enthusiasm and interest in working with people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The following skills are required: Organizational, research, analytical, problem-solving, time management, interpersonal, and critical thinking
- The candidate must possess the following characteristics: mature, open-minded, quick learner, self-starter, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Understanding of the functions of business, outside of the Accounting field
- Presentation skills (visual and verbal) for managerial staff outside of the Finance department
Multiple positions are available. Candidate does not require experience in all industries listed.
- Previous experience in an accounting role or firm
- 1-2 years of Journal Entry experience
- Experience in A/R and A/P
- Exposure or knowledge of SAAS
- Government accounting experience and knowledge of GAS and/or FAR
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience in the tech industry
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer