Android Mobile Developer: Unpaid Internship
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
WE CAN't WAIT.
Our team's digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
The length of the internship is 6 to 9 months with the possibility of a full-time position based on performance, job requirements, and availability of the selected candidate.
- Identify and plan for new features
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences
Multiple positions are available.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic proficiency with Git
- Significant experience with development in Java
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems
- A strong understanding of the common challenges with mobile/embedded devices including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network readability
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Java programming and Android mobile application development
- Experience in building Android libraries and demonstrable proficiency/mastery of the Android Platform architecture, the Gradle build system, the use of ProGuard and the UI, Animation, Graphics, Location and Sensors, and Connectivity APIs
- Experience with popular frameworks such as Google Play services, Firebase and native Android geolocation APIs
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience with Linux and Bash Command Line Interface
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer