Sr. Software Engineer, Android Mobile Applications
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
WE CAN't WAIT.
Our team's digital inventiveness and mobile location expertise creates brand stories that produce results. We are seasoned professionals who have worked in marketing, technology, mobile, and beyond. Our skills include Micro-fencing, mobile strategy, data analytics, and more.
- We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to lead the architecture, design, development, and testing of core enhancements to an advanced mobile geolocation library. This library will enable any Android app to easily leverage a user’s location, BLE input and NFC input to deliver hyper-relevant information to users. In addition to the below requirements, strong team, communication, and interpersonal skills are also required.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Java programming and Android mobile application development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic proficiency with Git
- Significant experience with development in Java
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems
- Demonstrable understanding of common challenges with mobile/embedded devices, including power management, resource optimization and wireless network reliability
- Test Driven Development experience
- Experience in building Android libraries and demonstrable proficiency/mastery of the Android Platform architecture, the Gradle build system, the use of ProGuard and the UI, Animation, Graphics, Location and Sensors, and Connectivity APIs.
- A strong understanding of the common challenges with mobile/embedded devices including power management, resource optimization
- Experience with popular frameworks such as Google Play services, Firebase and native Android geolocation APIs
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience with Linux and Bash Command Line Interface
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Digital Factory is an Equal Opportunity Employer